My Puppy, Tonka Is:
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Pieces of Me

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Recipe

Was talking to my Best Friend (B.F.) today about recipes. She is doing Weight Watchers and I am on the post-op diet, Stage 4 from my surgery and we are both cooking a lot. We started talking about Shephard's Pie. She remembers the one that I have been making for years that I grew up eating on the rare occassion that Mom cooked. Of course we always call it simply Meat Pie. It's funny, when she use to make it, I didn't like cheeseburgers and flat out refused to eat it if there was any cheese on it. Now, I love it with cheese so much, that I put twice as much more then she use to! Anyway, my B.F. asked me to send her the recipe. I've been making it for so long that I don't even have the recipe! I wrote it out and sent it to her and thought that I'd share it here as well. Hope you enjoy!!

Mom’s Meat Pie (also known as Shephard’s Pie)

1 – 1.5 lbs Ground Beef (or ground Turkey)
1 Can of Campbell’s Tomato Soup
1 Can of LeSeur Baby Peas
3 Pkgs of Idaho Instant Potatos
2 slices of Kraft American Cheese
Paprika to taste (optional)


Preheat the oven to 350. On the stovetop, brown the ground beef and drain. Poor into a casserole dish, add peas and tomato soup; mix well. Add a layer of instant potatos (already made) and then break of medium sizes pieces of the american cheese and place on sparatically on top of the mashed potatos. Sprinkle paprika on top for taste. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese and soup bubble.
Yield 4-6 servings.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home