My Puppy, Tonka Is:
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker

Pieces of Me

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy

Several years ago a book was released called "Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy". This of course was a mis-heard lyric of "Excuse Me While I Kiss The Sky". The entire book was made up of mis-heard lyrics. I think they even had a sequel book called "He's Got The Whole World In His Pants", which of course is a mis-heard lyric of "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands". Apparently, there is a third installment called "When A Man Loves A Walnut", instead of "When A Man Loves A Woman". And now there is also a Christmas version called "Deck The Halls With Buddy Holly and Other Misheard Christmas Lyrics" instead of "Deck The Halls With Boughs of Holly".

I was reminded of these books by Amanda who is going to be making this a regular feature on her blog. The twist is that she is going to be adding lyrics that she personally has mis-heard. In that vain, here is one my all time personal mis-heard lyrisc:

"We Gonna Jam At The Lighthouse" for "Big Old Jet Airliner" by The Steve Miller Band.

Additionally, I found this awesome website that has tons and tons of mis-heard lyrics that people actually submitted. You can search by Song or select the "Random Lyric" button. Here are a few of my favorite random lyrics:

"Feel This Snot I've Got", instead of "Feliz Navidad"

"Fee Fi Fo I Swear To You" instead of "These Five Words I swear To You" from "I'll Be There For You by Bon Jovi

"There's a daddy to my left; there's a burning tush to my right" instead of "There's a dead end to my left; there's a burning bush to my right" from "Standing Still" by Jewel.

"Mamma don't take my clothes and throw them away" instead of "Mamma don't take my kodachrome away" from "Kodachrome" by Paul Simon.

"I guess you like gravy" instead of "I Miss You Like Crazy" from the song of the same name by Natalie Cole.

"We built this city on the wrong damn road!" instead of "We built this city on rock n' roll" from the song of the same name by Starship.

And finally.....

"Tight for the very last time" instead of "Touched for the very first time" from "Like a Virgin" by Madonna.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    hahaha!!! Those are pretty funny. I admit I also mis-sang the kodachrome song. I thought it was "mama don't take my coat away" and my sister thought it was "mama don't take me coat to prom." That's a hard line to decipher!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home